Thursday, May 26, 2011

200 PT Kill Team Fun Tourney Wrapup

Yesterday afternoon I decided I would head over to my flgs later that evening and it hit me... there was a 200pt $5 kill team tourney...AWESOME. I debated running 56 grots and 4 slavers but I would rather run something that could stand a chance at winning. Each model is a separate unit completely. Set up rules are a little different and instead of seizing the player going first must roll a die and on a 1 your opponent goes first. I was running 5 bikers and 10 gretchin and a slaver.

Game one was vs 6 lootas a copta and a shoota boyz squad. I was going first and set my bikes out in the open ready to go at him gunz blazing. Then I rolled a 1 and handed him first turn...I lost 3 bikes and it would be a down hill battle. I killed a few guys and got my remaining 2 bikes into close combat and over 5 turns they killed 0 orks and he finally killed both of them. The game has to turn limit but does have a time limit. My gretchin were safe in the back and he couldnt get to them in time and we got a draw.

Game two was vs wolves with a lone wolf th/ss and 6 grey hunters one with a plasma. I took one bike and suicided to kill his plasma and shot the hell out of the lone wolf and did nothing. I sent my PK right at the lone wolf and we traded blows and both died as I planned. The rest of my guys fired their dakka dakka gunz slowly out shooting the marines and won me the game.

Game three was against Ming with a full tact squad with a flamer and a multi melta. I failed to kill the multi melta turn one after I went first and he killed my PK right off the bat. Turn 2 I killed his flamer and multi melta and backed up. The rest of the game would be like my last one... just back up and fire. I just out shot him and moved to reduce his total bolter shots every turn and won the game.

IG with a valk and a vet squad won the day mostly due to almost no opponents able to deal with the valk. I took second and I think my first round opponent took the "Boob award" or best sport. I liked this fun format a lot and so did almost every one. A lot of people are going to revamp their lists for next time because of some of the lop sided games example: Venerable Dread vs Doom... Doom just cant win no matter what. Over all tho we will probably work on the rules set and maybe bring the points up.

Thanks for reading,
RIPPED

1 comment:

  1. I did manage to down that Valkrie and strip 2 out of 3 guns off it. I was 1 model from making him take a LD test but at that point I was taking LD tests and failed it. So close.

    Yeah, I think some just minor tweaking, like no more than AV10 all around for a vehicle, and we're good.

    ReplyDelete